PAX Thoughts: Square Enix Games
Quick impressions of their offerings in no particular order:
- Final Fantasy Explorers - I got hands on time with this one. It's one of the only games they showed off that's releasing soon. It's shaping up to be a fun little handheld action RPG. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out.
- Just Cause 3 - If you're a fan of Just Cause games then you're going to love this one. Otherwise it's kinda generic and meh. I fall more into the later group, but I know people will be nuts for this one.
- FFXV - Still looking good, but it seemed like they just had the demo on the floor that I had already played at home... twice.
- FFXIV - They had a special Revana fight set up where you could win a t-shirt. I heard some of my Free Company members took it on and won the fight. Good job guys!
- Dragon Quest Heroes - I wasn't giving this game much attention before but now I will. It looks like it's diverged enough from the Dynasty Warriors / Hyrule Warriors formula to be interesting in it's own right. I'll need to look into this one further.
They had a couple other games too, but none that I spent any time watching or playing.
It seems like the immediate future for Square Enix is looking light on releases aside from Final Fantasy Explorers. But, the future holds a lot of potential.