Geek to Geek S1E16 - E3 and the Warcraft Movie (non-spoilery)
E3 2016 + The Warcraft Movie (Non-Spoilers)
In this episode:
- Void has spent every second of his spare time this week watching E3 press conferences and compiling the news for people like Beej who want to know but don’t have the time (or patience in Beej’s case) to watch the feeds.
- This year’s E3 is a mixed-bag, but there is a lot of good stuff being talked about. There are no “blow up the internet” announcements, but we do finally get to see progress and gameplay from titles that have only been previously announced, such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- We go through each of the press conferences and live streams that have happened at the time of recording and talk abotu what, if any, standouts there are and discuss the big trend of E3 2016: early 2017 release dates.
The Warcraft Movie!
- Both of us fall solidly into the 8/10 category for the Warcraft movie. We went in expecting nothing, but were more than pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. We aren’t raving fanboys, but are fans of the universe and think that the creative team handled the IP very well.
- We discuss our favorite cameos and moments in the movie, how well it was adapted from the source material, and even talk briefly about the cinematographer’s use of establishing shots that work for worldbuilding, but also setup moments that only Warcaft fans will get (such as the first time we see Ironforge...plus there’s a murloc in the river, y’all! Murgleurglrurglrlrlrlrgurglr!).
- While we were both in the theater with only a handful of other people, the movie did so well in China that it is already making profit. That gives us hope for the sequels and franchise that we had no idea we even wanted.
- Void - Forfeited his geekery for our major E3 discussion this week. Check out his massive roundup at Video Game News Now
- Beej - Went to “An Evening with Stephen King” at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN, and walked out with three (3!) autographed copies of King’s new novel, End of Watch. Beej kind of fanboyed out a bit, and it was adorable.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM