In this episode:
- The Nintendo Switch is unveiled! And being the Nintendo fans we are, there was just no way that we could go a week without talking about it.
- Here’s what we know so far: It’s a handheld system AND a home console with detachable controllers that you can use in different configurations. They’re called JoyCons, but there’s also a Pro Controller available. There is also a spacer-thingy that connects the JoyCons into an almost-Pro Controller. You can also use the JoyCons double-handed like a Wii Nunchuck.
- There’s a kickstand on the main screen and a 3.5mm headphone port! It’s HD and cartridge based.
- We saw lots of games for it including a new 3D Mario game, a Mario Kart, some kind of basketball game (that neither of us know about, but y’all might), Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, and Skyrim.
- And then we go into geeky-speculation mode, which is always fun. We talk expandable storage (because Void does all his games digitally), is there a touch screen (and do we want one?), how long is the battery life, and just how useful is the console dock? Do we get a charging cable?
- What about release day? Is this a day 1 purchase? Well, that depends on the price. If it’s a high-dollar console, Nintendo may be in murky water. If it’s under $250, there’s a huge chance we’ll buy it early.
Geeky Sponsor / Offer of the Week
- Void was on The Comic Box again to talk about Luke Cage
- Q&A show (AMA style) sometime in November (thanksgiving?)
- Send us your questions!
- Beej - HamilDoc / Running Shoes! / Lightbringer 4 (The Blood Mirror)
- Void - More Gamefly ( ) / Star Wars Ahsoka / Paper and Fire / Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM