In this episode:
- We talk about how we got started with audiobooks, and not surprisingly, we both started with free trials to Audible that got us hooked on the format.
- Multiple places to get them. Our favorite is Audible, but you can also try Overdrive (ask your local library for free access!), iTunes, and good ole CDs and cassette tapes (that’s why they’re called books on tape, after all). We discuss the pros and cons of each.
- Audiobooks help us make our mundane tasks more fun and interesting while keeping us engaged in books we want. Narrators make a big difference, and we can get through hard-to-read books because their performances make such a difference.
- Weekly Geekery
- Void - Masterchef Australia
- Health Hack
- Find some staple meals! Instead of raiding your pantry and spending time not knowing what to eat or making a bad decision and ordering pizza, spend a few minutes outside of mealtime finding quick-and-easy things you love eating and can vary. For instance, Beej eats this sweet potato recipe once or twice a week and has for the last 4 years.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Music by CarboHydroM